This is the 1st holding page for TMLondon for 21.6.13 – TMLondon 2 is here.
The sound archives of what actually happened are here.
I am pleased to announce that the following
will be sponsoring #TMLondon 21st June 2013
“We are grateful to Mike Bostock of New Media Learning Ltd, producers of 4Matrix, for sponsoring this event.”
Also prizes by:
theTeacherCloud are giving away a 3 year school subscription for 10 teachers for the Evidence for Learning app. Worth £340.
“A versatile Evidence app for your EYFS and AAP assessments”
…And lots of nice prizes offered by Twinkl Resources.
Friday 21st June 2013 – St. Ignatius College, Enfield – SOLD OUT
open at 17.30, for a 18:00 start and the event finishes at approx. 20:15.
This is a ticket ONLY event.
What is #TMLondon?
A TeachMeet is an informal gathering of educators who are taking CPD into their own hands. A TeachMeet is organised for those who want to listen to inspiring teachers who do amazing things in their classrooms every day. It is also an opportunity to network, share ideas and join in a growing community of Teachers on Twitter across London.
Learn something new, be amazed, amused and inspired! Anyone can share interesting, useful or innovative ideas in a 5 minute presentations. Presentations can be on any educational and about subjects, innovation, strategy or day-to-day work across the curriculum. It really is the best CPD there is and it’s free!
How does it work?
You can simply turn up and watch the #TMLondon hashtag, or be brave and present and share a 5 minute presentation. Make sure you sign up for a ticket below and/or sign up to present your topic., get involved with the online discussion on Twitter, using the
The dates and venues:
What do you need to do, to be come a host school?
- #TMLondon (North) – Friday 21st June 2013 – St. Ignatius College, Enfield.
- #TMLondon (West) – Friday 5th July 2013 – The Heathland School, Hounslow
The (next) venue:
#TMLondon, St Ignatius College, Enfield. EN1 4NP
(Click for directions)
Doors open at 17.30, for a 18:00 start and the event finishes at approx. 20:15.
Get your Tickets – Click here
Roll up, roll up!
Sign up if you’re presenting by adding your name, Twitter name and the topic you would like to talk about in a 5 minute section by accessing this form below. This will automatically contact @TeacherToolkit. On the day, we will pick names at random to present… If you talk for too long, a cuddly toy will be thrown at you (it’s tradition!).
Guest speakers to be confirmed by Friday 14th June 2013
- You MUST be a teacher!
- You can use whatever presentation format you want including PowerPoint, keynote, prezi, slide rocket, 280 slides, you could just talk, show something from the web, hold up a poster or you could sing a song or do something different?
- The important thing is that you get your message across and you will only get one minute set up time.
- Be prepared for technical difficulties and be ready to wing it! That’s what makes TeachMeet exciting!
- If your examples are online please add links to your presentation or work to the title (this will speed things up on the night)
- Before presentations are selected – they will be added to a poll before appearing below.
Five (5) minute presentations for the classroom: 1. @ameeeb - Topic: Ideas for creating an environment through improving the quality of student discussions. 2. @msfleedavies - Topic: Class blogging with a range of students from year 7 to sixth form - what works, what doesn't. 3. @JPAMDG & @
jefferykind - Topic: The St. Ignatius pedagogy to Tanzania! Q&A / Networking 4. @ICTmagic - Topic: A showcase and demonstration of some resources from the ICTmagic Wiki page. 5. @yallsop - Topic: Using Alice to teach Year 6 children how to digital game design. Break . Five (5) minute presentations for the teacher: 1. @DeaneMarwa - Topic: Motivating students to act on feedback! 2. @TalkingDonkeyRE - Topic: Using wikis for learning. TeachDate 3. @miceandmen -Topic: From 4 to a 2, in a year. 4. @The_Tank - Topic: Unlocking the power of the news, to enrich pupils’ understanding. Q&A / Networking 5. . Enthusiastic lurkers: Hosted by @TeacherToolkit ; @ICTMagic and Live programme document here. This will be used as a programme for the evening....Attendee #TMLondon contact database is here.
Audio and Presentation archives – published by @EyeBeams are here. #TMLondon tweet archives from 11.12.12 – published by @ICTMagic, are here. The programme document is here. Photos from #TMLondon (@Greig_City) are here. @WalthamstowAcad.
Photos from TMLondon on 1st May 2013 are here.
Watch what happened:
- TeachMeets: An underground revolution! (teachertoolkit.me)
- Planning and hosting your own TeachMeet, by @TeacherToolkit (teachertoolkit.me)
- #TMLondon – #Outstanding #CPD for teachers (teachertoolkit.me)
- Ignore the #DfE: Teachers are doing it for themselves! by @TeacherToolkit (teachertoolkit.me)