I’ve been blogging for a many years, but in an educational context, just over three. Regarding online content and the world of blogsphere, this is incredibly miniscule in comparison of www. timescales. Three years sharing educational practice online is relatively well-established, but I do know, that there are a few others out there who have been dishing out their thoughts online, for much longer…
So, three years equates to approximately 1000 days of online sharing. Online writing, collaborating and reflection … I relaunched this website exactly one year ago and have been truly amazed – and sometimes fortunate – with what sharing (good) practice online can bring. (I enclose ‘good’ in brackets because everything online is not always good – including my own – and must NOT be taken as verbatim).
I am always pleased to read and see others taking up the challenge and joining the blogging world; particularly those who choose to start sharing their educational musings online in order to share and develop themselves. If that is you, well done! Please share.
I have collectively listed all my posts below and have organised them into ‘The cuts of teaching and learning’; my own educational-referencing for you all to enjoy.
Ofsted and DfE:
- What makes an Outstanding school?
- Policy review: are schools facing an autumn of discontent?
- What #Gove’s up, must #Gove down! My top 10 Gove faux-pas.
- The day I met Mr. Gove, by Assistant Headteacher, @Cherrylkd
- Should Ofsted exist? by @RealDCameron
- Outstanding teaching using the new framework.
- Notes on the new Ofsted framework: how to be outstanding
- Thwart the Grim-Reaper: Ofsted reworks 2013
- Grab Outstanding lessons with both hands!
- 5 #GrimReaper facts about #Ofsted for the teacher by @TeacherToolkit
- A #QTS letter to @EducationGovUK: Dear DfE by @TeacherToolkit
- Outstanding ReflectionQs by @TeacherToolkit
- OECD: Programme for International Student Assessment (Pisa) by @TeacherToolkit
Teaching and Learning:
- Pose, Pause, Pounce, Bounce!
- Can signs be used to improve teaching and learning?
- Questioning – Moving from Good to Outstanding.
- What would school life be like, without bells? by @LancsLassRach
- What if classrooms had no doors? by @HeatherLeatt
- The day I forgot to plan my lesson, by @JohnSayers
- The moment I swore in the classroom by @_JPMason
- The moment I swore in the classroom (part 2), by @90_Maz
- What would you do if you couldn’t set a detention? by @ferrr80
- #RapidProgress in my classroom: How it is made and how do I know it? #BlogSync
- How to move your teaching on from ‘requires improvement? by @TeacherToolkit
- Inspiring End of Term #Assembly by @TeacherToolkit
- My life without a red pen would be… by @Mike_Gunn
- Reducing TeacherTalk in formal observations.
- Why I’m placing #LearningWalks in Room 101 by @TeacherToolkit
- #Pygmalion teacher, expectancy-effect by @TeacherToolkit
- Handbags and Gladrags on @GuardianTeach
- Why should you encourage kids to ask ‘why’? by @MsFindlater
- @ClassroomCarrot is used in my classroom to reward student progress, by @TeacherToolkit
- To uniform or not to uniform, that is the question? by @TeacherToolkit
- A Fathers Day post.
- Dear Parent, what I’d really like to say is…, by @StephenDrew72
- Educational hopes and fears for my own children, by @xJulieSmithx
- How fatherhood changed my perception of teaching.
The 5 Minute Series:
- The 5 Minute Lesson Plan
- The 5 Minute Lesson Plan INSET day.
- The 5 Minute Map.
- So what is #Stickability? by @TeacherToolkit and @Head_StMarys
- #Ofsted recognition of The #5MinPlan
- The 5 Minute Marking Plan by @TeacherToolkit and @LeadingLearner #5MinPlan
- The 5 Minute Lesson Plan (in video) by @TeacherToolkit #5MinPlan
- The 5 Minute Lesson Plan – success story by @Dani41189
- They’ll be another one in 5 minuets, by @AdisaPoet
- #5MinPlan: @TES Evidence = 138 countries!
- 5 Minutes of IMPACT
- The 5 Minute Behaviour Plan by @TeacherToolkit and @LeadingLearner
- The 5 Minute Results Analysis by @TeacherToolkit and @LeadingLearner
- The #5MinOfstedPlan by @TeacherToolkit and @LeadingLearner
- The 5MinCallPlan by @TeacherToolkit and @LeadingLearner
- The #5MinReview by @TeacherToolkit and @Shaun_Allison
- The 5 Minute Well-Being Plan by @TeacherToolkit and @LeadingLearner
- The #5MinCPDPlan by @TeacherToolkit and @LeadingLearner
- The 5 Minute AfL Plan by @TeacherToolkit and @PivotalPaul
- How I used the #5MinPlan to be Outstanding by @kararaggy – to be published.
- How I used the #5MinPlan to achieve Outstanding, by @holmsygirl – to be published
- @TeacherToolkit training…
- Training day pitfalls: What to avoid and how to put it right!
- Planning outstanding CPD provision for Support staff.
- Professional development for teachers: How can we take it to the next level? #Outstanding
- The Universal Panacea? #BlogSync by @TeacherToolkit
- I have a dream…
- Ignore the #DfE: Teachers are doing it for themselves! by @TeacherToolkit
- Raising the status of the teaching profession, by @CollegeOfTeach
- #GoodinTen – Requires Improvement CPD programme, by @TeacherToolkit
- The true costs of teaching and #CPD training, by @TeacherToolkit
- The #GuiltyTeacher. Guilty as charged! by @TeacherToolkit
- My TeachMeets CV
- @TeacherToolkit presents #SLTchat and @SLTchat at #TMEssex
- #SLTeachMeet – final presentation and live document
- #SLTeachMeet – watch the video & audio archives
- TeachMeets: An underground revolution! How did it all start?
- Planning and hosting your own TeachMeet, by @TeacherToolkit
- Do #Osiris Education have egg on their face?
- How has blogging enhanced my CPD? by @TeacherToolkit #TMIntl (International TeachMeet presentation)
- #TMLondon – #Outstanding #CPD for teachers
- #SLTeachMeet – @MyEdHunt Teacher Recruitment by @TeacherToolkit
- #TeachMeets – Should they include keynote speakers and presentations?
- Introducing @SLTchat. How it all started.
- #SLTchat trends on Twitter
- Could you sum up your educational philosophy in 140 characters?
- Educational Leadership and Management: @BELMASOffice – from Twitter-troll to the @HouseOfCommons
- The impact of
#SLTchat across the UK by @EducationGovUK
- More and more evidence, honesty and feedback by @TeacherToolkit
- ONSchool Innovation – to renew or alter
- Why sending that ‘All staff’ email should be banned! by Headteacher @PKAinsworth
- Should schools use CCTV in toilets? by Headteacher @VicGoddard
- ICT geeks in my school, by @GripWeed1
- The first day at work (in leadership).
- My first term as Head, by @HeadGuruTeacher – Tom Sherrington
- A war of nerves? by @TeacherToolkit #SLTchat
- What has teaching changed about your life? by Headteacher, @LynneWin100
- #Peepshows and #Rubbernecks by @TeacherToolkit
- A flexible approach to #Threshold by @TeacherToolkit
- Inspirational Leadership of Teaching and Learning for @PiXLClub #PiXL13 by @TeacherToolkit
- Find @TeacherToolkit A Job
- Coping with Redundancy
- @TeacherToolkit gets the nod.
- How do senior leaders get their jobs?
- Job applications: What I’d really like to say… by @TeacherToolkit
- Teacher Recruitment – @MyEdHunt, by @TeacherToolkit
- Teacher Recruitment musings, by @TeacherToolkit #SLTchat
- #Find_TTkit_A_Job *UPDATE* by @TeacherToolkit
- School careers clinic: help and advice on finding your dream teaching job.
- How do senior leaders ‘find’ work? by @TeacherToolkit
- I’m back @TeacherToolkit (my 1st ever post)
- The start of a new term.
- Has your own political views changed as a teacher, during your time as a teacher?
- 12 days of Christmas, my Headteacher gave to me…by @TeacherToolkit
- I am @TeacherToolkit – my pledge for 2013
- Nurture1213 – my ’12 highlights and ’13 hopes, by @TeacherToolkit
- @TeacherToolkit blog – 2012 in review
- #ASCL2013 challenge for #Gove on Red Nose Day
- Did you know?
- @TeacherToolkit progress…
- End of year – Progress Report by @TeacherToolkit
- My favourite educational blogs.
- 100 Ideas: My book journey by @TeacherToolkit
- Where I’ve failed as a teacher by @TeacherToolkit
- #Vamoose, I’m off!
- #Vamoose! I’m off… to a meeting with TES Resources
- #Education. Hmm, a strange thing! by @TeacherToolkit
- #100Ideas: Outstanding Lessons
- 100 words for #100Ideas Book Competition
- #Vamoose and #Skedaddle – What next @TeacherToolkit?
- #100Ideas: Book reviews by the people …
- #100Ideas hashtags
- 1 in 4 students in your classroom by @TeacherToolkit #WorldPrematurityDay #SEN
- @TESResources response to: #Vamoose I’m off!
- #GoalPostShifters by @TeacherToolkit for @SLTCamp #SLTCamp
- What is your number one #TeachingAsset? by @TeacherToolkit
- Summer Holidays with @Frogs4x4 and @LandRoverLondon – to be published.
- @TeacherToolkit Thunks 100 series
- What do you keep in your desktop drawer? by Headteacher @RachelOrr
- The day I ripped my pants at work, by education columnist @PhilBeadle
- Will you be teaching in 3 years? 5 years? by Deputy Headteacher @Plestered
- Why is photocopying always a pain in the arse?! by Deputy Headteacher @Simon_Warburton
- What if staff rooms ceased to exist? by Director of Literacy, @LearningSpy
- My life without a red pen, by @TheRealMrRoo
- The day #NinjaMonkeys attacked our schools by @PaulYB37
- Teaching is often described as a bug, by @MrCJHewitt
- The politics of school car-parking, by @LipLash_Mason
- Where did we coin the word ‘classroom’? by @MarkJWarner1
- That Sunday night feeling, by @Jim1982
- A typical Head of Technology, by @Jim1982
- 10 best blogs of the year, featuring @TeacherToolkit
- #5MinPlan – Nominated by @TESResources Contributor of the Year 2013
- The EduBlog Award Nominations 2013